Schoolboy shock and horror when he finds a dead lizard in his loaf of bread.
10-year-old William Evans from Hawkchurch in Devon is said to be “absolutely traumatised” after he found a dead reptile embedded in a loaf of bread he was toasting for his breakfast. William’s girly shrieks brought his family running to the kitchen to see what the blooming fuss was all about.
“The poor little lad was absolutely traumatised by it” dad, Marcus Evans told the Midweek Herald.
“He went to take a slice off for some toast, turned the loaf over and found the lizard stuck on the bottom.”
The bread was baked at a local Tesco supermarket and Mr Evans is convinced the lizard made its way into the loaf in the Tesco bakery itself.
“It was one of Axminster Tesco’s baked in-store multi-grain brown loaves. The lizard had not been cooked so it must have got into the packaging and died there. You could see the impression of its body in the bread so it must have been warm when he got in.”
Tesco strongly deny the serious allegations.
“We have conducted a thorough inspection of the bakery area as well as the rest of the store, and we are confident that our robust procedures mean that there was no food safety risk to the product whilst it was within the store.” A ‘computer-says-no’ Tesco spokesperson recited in a parrot fashion.
Can you identify what species of lizard it is? Tell us in the comments section or post it on our ace forum: Boy finds lizard in his loaf of bread